Sunday, July 29, 2007

behind bars

I had to do my first euthanasia as a real doctor this pat week and it sucked. very sad. Had a birthday on Tuesday, that was nice...went out to celebrate last night...got drunk...feeling old. Happy birthday to Herschel.
I have taken another job working on my day off each week to teach female inmates at the metro state women's prison how to be veterinary assistants as they raise a puppy for the Guide Dog Foundation of America. pretty interesting to say the least. it is a maximum security prison and even my lunch has to go through the xray thing. weird. the women have march to chow and even call a cadence. last week it was "hip hop and lolly pops....let me here that left foot drop, left, right, left,right, left" and so on. it echos out into the parking lot. anyway, it pays well and they are eager to have an instructor. i will probaly only do it until december when my cousin can teach the program full time. it is making me tired to work 6 days a week. damn school loan payments!!!

1 comment:

paisley said...

can we get an update for the love of god? damn. my mom is fabulous.

goin' back to cali

goin' back to cali
my brother moved to california...i'm gonna miss this face!!!